What is NRC?
National Register of Citizens of India (NRC) is the register containing details of all Indian Citizens. NRC updation is currently the hot topic around. A lot of is being said regarding NRC. A lot of rumors are being spread regarding it. Well, we are hearing that the Central Government is targeting a particular community in the name of the NRC Assam. Well, we want to clarify that the NRC Assam is all about nation’s security. These illegal immigrants are a major threat to our internal security.
So, NRC Updation is a welcome step by the Central Government. It basically means the process of enlisting the name of all citizens residing in Assam. So if you have all required documents with you, don’t have to worry about it. You will be given enough time to prove your identity. So. we will suggest you stay calm and contact the officials if you need any kind of help. NRC Assam Draft is not the final list.
NRC Assam 2018
The NRC Assam process will address the issue of illegal migrants, especially from Bangladesh. The National Register of Citizens was first published in 1951 to record citizens, their houses, and holdings. Updating the NRC to root out foreigners was a demand during the Assam Agitation (1979-1985). The draft National Register of Citizens (NRC), published on Monday, includes only those able to prove they were in Assam before 1971. We welcome the Assam NRC whole heartily. This steps will prove to be a milestone in ensuring the internal peace.
NRC Assam Live Updates
NRC Process will go on: SC
The Supreme Court stated on Tuesday that the exercise for verifying the citizenship of the resident of the State will be taken to its logical conclusion, even as it asked the center to frame a “fair and equitable” standard operating procedure to adjudicate claims for Indian Citizenship.
Center Government Stand:
- Center said it was thinking of seeking biometrics of those who make claims for citizenship to prevent them vanishing into other states by changing identities.
- December 31st deadline for final draft is a false rumor.
NRC Assam Draft List 2018
Assam NRC Draft List has been released by the officials. It is not the final list. There is no deadline regarding the releasing of the final draft list. Around 40 lakhs peoples have been excluded from the draft of NRC. The list was released on Monday.
- 2.89 crores people have been found eligible to be included.
- 40 lakh people have been excluded from the list.
- The process of making claims and objections will begin on 30th August and continue till 28th Sep 2018.
NRC Assam Final Draft List 2018: How to Check your Name Online?
- First, you have to visit the official website of Assam Government (assam.gov.in).
2. Now, go to the “complete draft NRC” and select any of the given links.
3. Now, a new tab will open. Here, fill your Application Receipt Number (ARN).
4. The complete NRC Draft will be displayed on the screen.
How to Check your Name in the Assam NRC Draft List via Message?
To check your Assam NRC Draft by the message, you have to type ARN space ARN number and send it to the mobile no. 976559655.
Toll-Free Numbers: 15107 (From Assam) and 18003453762 (Outside Assam)